Thread: Updating Creo Parametric 1.0 Drawing Model

Associate Engineer

Updating Creo Parametric 1.0 Drawing Model

I'm new to using Creo and haven't used any form of PTC design software in about 4 years. I've been using SolidWorks for the past 4 years and had a question about drawings.

In SoldWorks, if I opened a drawing and wanted to replace the model that's being referenced by going to the open menu and clicking references and changing the path for the file in the drawing, but I'm lost on Creo.

Do you know how to replace a current model for another one that I've already saved under a different name?

amarin8909
    In PTC you cannot point a view (set of views) to reflect a different model. You can rename/save a copy of the dwg and of the model, and then change the renamed model. OR you can load additional models to a dwg, and create additional views for those models (while maybe deleting the old/existing views). It is probably better to "show model annotations" instead of adding dimensions to dwg. To create a section view (on the dwg) you would have to open the model, go to view-view manager-Xsec, add a datum plane to create the section, create the section; then go back to dwg, add a general view, go to properties (right click on view - in layout) and change that general view to the section you just created in the model.
    Last edited by amarin8909; 05-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.