Thread: water treatment experiment design

Associate Engineer

water treatment experiment design

hello
    this is the first time I'm using this forum so I hope that my post is in the right sub-forum
    I'm working now on a project for water treatment , I don't know exactly how to design the setup of the experiment.
    what is needed
    1- 50l feed water tank connected with a pipe , I have to use different water velocity,pipe diameter and flow rate on this pipe.
    2- at the end of the pipe part of the water will be directed toward tank , and the rest will be directed to 2 RO (reverse osmosis ) .
    3- the product water from RO will collected in a tank.
    I need economic and effective setup ,with proper distribution for pumps , valves and if any other equipment is required.
    the attached image is a sketch for the set up.
    regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the forum, but I think you might be expecting a little much. It appears that you are hoping someone here will design the whole thing for you. More specific questions will get specific replies.

When ever I see a post like this, where system parts are named but there is no attempt shown for working it out, I always think it's a class assignment. Maybe I'm just being overly suspicious in my old age.

Associate Engineer
    I'm sorry may be there is something wrong in the way I discussed the issue , for the design I try to do sketch only but I'm survey engineer and this the first time I have such a job as emergency case ,I don't have a background in water engineering , and it's not a class assignment, I will try again .
    regards

JamesCorcoran
    Well!! I think some experienced architect can advice you well regarding this issue because water treatment design is very much critical according to all aspects.

Senior Engineer

Engineering and Civil

This is a great content about the engineering field as here we use various types off content like, Austempering Technology, Austemperetc. As these are helpful in the construction field as well as in various **********.

Engineer
    for the design I try to do sketch only but I'm survey engineer and this the first time I have such a job as emergency case ,

dheerajpandit572
    Design/methodology/approach

Statistical experimental design was used to investigate the effect of initial pH, current density and temperature. Experiments were planned to obtain the maximum amount of information in the fewest number of runs. Minimum-maximum values of current density, initial pH, temperature of medium were selected as 9-25 mA/cm2, 5-9, 25-50°C, respectively. A total number of 20 experiments including eight factorial points, six axial points and six replicates in centre points were carried out and experimental data were collected.

Welcome to the forum, but I think you might be expecting a little much. It appears that you are hoping someone here will design the whole thing for you. More specific questions will get specific replies.