Thread: Shraeder/Presta Cycle Tire Standards

Shraeder/Presta Cycle Tire Standards

Hi

I need details of presta and shraeder valves - for a hobbyist design project (cycle tire inflater).

Internet searches only provide most basic info - not enough to design a connector from the inflater to valve around.
    I have obtained an old copy of The Tire and Rim Association Year Book but it does not give the required details.

I am considering obtaining ISO/BS standards but I'm not sure that they would have the info that I require.

Can anyone help me with where to look/who to contact for such details.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Buy a Schrader valve - reverse engineer it.. Or, buy a Schrader valve adapter and reverse engineer it.

Lead Engineer
    From your description I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the attached Schrader document gives the dimensions for a valve stem internal socket and thread to receive a Schrader valve.

Valve Core Brochure.pdf

Thanks for your replies and thanks for the brochure.

I'm not sure that it contains a cycle Presta Valve.

I have access to BSI/ISO standards at work and think I have found the documents I need but certainly in the second document below none of the valves are stated as being a Presta cycle tire valve.

ISO*4570:2002(en)Tyre valve threads

ISO*9413:2012(en)Tyre valves*— Dimensions and designation.

I'm finding that in engineering finding pertinent information on standard parts can be quite a challenge.

Cheers

Rich

Banned
    threads.pdf
    Presta valves are 5V2, check here , may be that's what you need

Engineer
    but the attached Schrader document gives the dimensions for a valve stem internal socket.