Finishing Types Menu
Copper Plating Services
Mil-C-14550, Copper, (Under Coat)
Copper in color and matte to a very shiny finish. Good corrosion resistance when used as undercoat. A number of copper processes are
available, each designed for a specific purpose:
- Brightness (to eliminate the need for buffing)
- High speed: (for electroforming)
- Fine grain: (to prevent casehardening) Spec. Thickness
- Class 00 .001 - .005
- Class 1 .001 minimum thickness.
- Class 2 .0005 minimum thickness. Typically used as an undercoat for nickel and other platings.
- Class 3 .0002 minimum thickness. To prevent basis metal migration into tin (prevents poisoning
- Class 40 .0001"To prevent basis metal migration into tin (prevents poisoning solderability).
MIL-C-14550, MILITARY SPECIFICATION: COPPER PLATING (ELECTRODEPOSITED) (02 DEC 1983) [S/S BY SAE-AMS2418]., This specification covers electrodeposited copper plating on metal surfaces
© Copyright 2000 - 2018, by Engineers Edge, LLC www.engineersedge.com
All rights reserved
| Feedback | Advertising