Finishing Services | Industrial
Finishing Types Menu
DOD-P-16232-F, Heavy Phosphate Coating
Heavy Phosphate Coating is a coating for medium and low alloy steels. Gray to black in color. Intended uses:
The "heavy" phosphate coatings covered by
this specification are intended as a base for holding/retaining supplemental coatings which provide the major portion of the corrosion resistance.
- Heavy Type Z can be used up to 200 F, to prevent galling in extrusion and deep drawing.
- Class 2 is good for corrosion resistance.
- Note: This specification lists a type M also
- Type Z .0002" Zinc phosphate base coating
- Class 1 .0005" Supplementary preservative treatment or coating, as specified.
- Class 2 Supplementary treatment with preservative conforming to MIL-C-16173, Grade 3 or MIL-L-3150 as alternate for very small
- Class 3 No supplementary treatment.
- Class 4 Chemically converted.
Download: DOD-P-16232, Heavy Phosphate Coating
© Copyright 2000 - 2018, by Engineers Edge, LLC www.engineersedge.com
All rights reserved
| Feedback | Advertising