Tensile Thread Stress Area Equation and Calculator - 180 Ultimate Tensile Strength ksi and More
(This calculator requires a java - enabled browser)
This calculator calculates the tensile stress area of a external screw thread of a fastener. Use this calculator for materials over 180,000 psi ultimate tensile strength.
This calculator will calculate the unknown for the given conditions. Two (2) inputs are required, See the application illustration at bottom of page.
Where:At = Tensile Strength Area of Screw Thread.
Esmin = MinimumPitch Diameter of External Thread - Thread Engineering Data Chart
n = Number of threads per inch
This equation is a more conservative extimation of actual thread stress area as opposed to the equation for Tensile Thread Stress Area 100 ksi and Less.
Example; For a 1/2 - 13 UNC - 2A, see Thread Engineering Data Chart for minimum pitch diameter data.
Esmin = .4435
n = 13
At = 3.1416 (.4435/2 - 0.16238/13)2
At = .13757 = (Thread Stress Area)
Machinerys Handbook, 30th Edition
- ANSI Inch Size Thread Stress and Shear Areas Table
- Fastener Bolt Thread Stress Tensile Area Table Chart
- Thread Tensile Stress Area Formula and Calculator
- Metric Thread Stress and Shear Areas Table
- Acme General Purpose Screw Threads Stress and Shear Area
- Thread Tensile Stress Area Calculator
- Tensile Thread Stress Area Equation and Calculator - 100 ksi and less
- ANSI Hardware Design Guide and Charts
- Force Required Strip Bolt Threads Formula and Calculator
- Fastener / Thread Tensile Area of External Thread Formula and Calculations
- Bolt Root and Tensile Stress Area
- ISO Metric Hardware Specifications Table Chart
- Thread Shear Area Formulas and Calculator per. ASME B1.1