|Material Testing and Engineering
- Brinell Hardness Testing
Brinell Hardness Testing in this test a standard constant load, usually 500 to 3,000 kg, is applied
- Brinell Hardness Testing Equation The Brinell hardness test uses a hardened steel ball indenter that is pushed into the material under a specified force.
- Coefficients Linear Thermal Expansion Thermal expansion is the tendency of matter to change in volume in response to a change in temperature, through heat transfer.
- Engineering and Applications Factor of Safety Review Factor of Safety (FOS) for structural applications is the ratio of the allowable working unit stress, allowable stress or working stress.
- Galvanic Compatibility ( Corrosion Control) Galvanic corrosion (some times called dissimilar metal corrosion) is the process by which the materials in contact with each other oxidizes or corrodes.
- Gear Material Steels for Industrial Gearing
Gearing materials are typical steel used within industrial applications.
- Gold Precious Metal UNS Number Specification Table Gold Unified Numbering System (UNS) established for gold
- Hardness Conversion Conversion Tables Rockwell, Brinell hardness, Vickers hardness, Rockwell superficial, Shore Scleroscope
- Hardness Testing General
Hardness test is a simple way to verify that a material has been properly heat-treated.
- Material Menu
Properties of Metals, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel, Tool Steel
- Material Terms and Definitions
Definitions related to engineering materials and metals.
- Metal Melting Temperatures melting point of a substance depends on pressure
- Properties of Metals - Thermal >Metals in general have high electrical conductivity, high thermal conductivity, and high density.
- Modulus of Elasticity, Average Properties of Structural Materials, Shear Modulus, Poisson's Ratio, Density Modulus of Elasticity also know as Young's Modulus
- Modulus of Elasticity, Strength Properties of Non-Metals Ultimate Strength, Yield Strength Table of Modulus of Elasticity, Strength Properties of Non-Metals Ultimate Strength, Yield Strength, Modulus of Elasticity
- Quenching Review - Heat Treating Quenching - heat treating
- Rockwell Hardness Testing
Rockwell hardness test is the most common method for determining hardness of metals
- Specific Heat Capacity of Metals Chart specific heat is the amount of heat energy per unit mass required to raise the temperature by one degree Celsius
- SAE/AMS Specifications for Solder, Babbitt and Lead Alloys specifications for soft metals of Solder, Babbitt and Lead Alloys and Lead, Tin and Zinc Table
- Strength of Materials Strength / Mechanics of Material Basics, General Equations and Definitions
- Strength Properties of Metals - Iron and Steel Modulus of Elasticity, Ultimate Strength
ultimate strength, yield point and modulus of elasticity data for steel and iron
- Tempering Steel Review Steel is tempered by reheating after hardening to obtain specific mechanical properties
- Vickers Hardness Testing Vickers Pyramid Number ( HV ) or Diamond Pyramid Hardness ( DPH ).
- Thermal Conductivity Conversions Conversions Factors for Thermal Conductivity Unit
- Thermal Conductivity of Common Metals and Alloys >typical values of thermal several common commercial metals and alloys.
- Aerospace, Aviation Metals Review Metals and other materials used within aerospace / aviation applications
Materials Ferrous and Nonferrous Metals
- Aluminum Plate Aluminum specifications for plate, rounds and other shapes
- Aluminum Engineering Properties general mechanical engineering Properties and data for many common Aluminum alloys
- Aluminum Casting Alloys
typical mechanical characteristics for selected castings.
- Aluminum Tempers Basic Aluminum Temper Designations
- AISI / SAE Steel Identification Number Chart AISI / SAE Steel Identification Number Chart.
- Common Fiber Composites Engineering Data Table
- Inconel 718 Physical Constants Table Wet Laminate Carbon Cloth
- Inconel® Alloys Table
Inconel high-strength, corrosion-resistant nickel chromium material.
- Inconel 718 Modulus of Elasticity Table at Low Temperature Inconel 718 Modulus of Elasticity Table at Low Temperature
- Inconel 718 Modulus of Elasticity Table Inconel 718 Modulus of Elasticity Table
- International Specification Designations and Titles of Hard metals (Cemented Carbides) Cemented Carbides specifications table
- SAE/AMS Specifications for Reactive and Refractory Alloys
Refractory metals are a group of materials that includes niobium , tantalum, molybdenum, tungsten, and rhenium.
- Brass Brass alloys reference table
- Copper Copper Plating Specification Mil-C-14550
- Copper UNS Number and Alloys The Unified Numbering System for Copper
- Copper Tubing Size Chart ASTM B88 Dimensions and Physical Characteristics of Copper Tube: TYPE K
- Copper Tubing HVAC Size Chart
Copper Tubing HVAC Size Table
- Copper Tube Size Chart Medical Gas, K and L Copper Tube: Medical Gas, K and L per. ASTM B 819.
- Stainless Steel Overview Chemical Composition Chart Stainless Steel
- AISI & UNS Stainless Steel Mechanical Characteristics
typical mechanical characteristics for selected Stainless Steel
- Steel Overview carbon and alloy steel references and typical applications
- AISI Steel Mechanical Characteristics - AISI 1015 - AISI 1340 Yield, Tensile, Hardness AISI 1015 - AISI 1340
- AISI Steel Mechanical Characteristics - AISI 4130 - AISI 9310 AISI 3140 - AISI 9310
- AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition AISI-SAE 1000-1029 AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition
- AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition AISI-SAE 1039-1095 AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition
- AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition AISI-SAE 1513-1566 AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition
- Spring Steel Review Spring steel is generally classified as a low alloy, medium carbon steel or high carbon steel with a very high yield strength.
- AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition Free-Machining Grades — Resulfurized
- AISI-SAE Standard Carbon Steels Composition Free-Machining Grades - Resulfurized & Rephosphorized
- Poisson's Ratio Definition & Equation Poisson's ratio is defined as the negative of the ratio of the lateral strain to the axial strain for a uniaxial stress state.
- Poisson's Ratio Metals Materials Chart chart of Poisson's Ratio for common engineering materials and metals.
- Steel Terms definitions for a variety of engineering and manufacturing steel related phrases
- Shear Modulus of Rigidity Chart
shear modulus or modulus of rigidity, denoted by G, or sometimes S or μ, is defined as the ratio of shear stress to the shear strain:
- SAE & AMS Specifications Titanium and Titanium Alloys Titanium alloys between SAE, Military, ASTM, ASME, BSI and DIN standards.
- Titanium Alloys UNS - AMS - ASTM - ASME - AWS Cross Ref. #1
- Titanium Alloys UNS - AMS - ASTM - ASME - AWS Cross Ref. #2
- Tool Steel Material, Properties and Specifications These tool steels, which include hot or cold finished bar, plate, sheet, strip, rod, wire, or forgings, are normally fabricated into tools, dies, or fixtures.
- Steel - Aluminum - Magnesium - Machinability Index Chart
- Steel Sheet Mechanical Tolerances
- Sheet Metal Gauge Tolerances Chart Sheet Metal Gauge Tolerances
- Sheet Metal & Wire Gauge Sizes Chart Sheet Metal Wire Gauge Sizes Table Chart
- Structural Shapes, Section Sizes Structural Shapes Steel, Aluminum ASTM, BS, EN, ISO Sizes Tables
Materials and Resolution Stereolithography ( SLA or SL ; also known as optical fabrication , photo-solidification , solid free-form fabrication , solid imaging and Resin printing )
Structural Shape ASTM, BS, EN, ISO Sizes
- AISC Ultimate Structural Shapes Properties Viewer AISC 13th Edition Structural Shapes Properties Viewer
- Standard Aluminum Angle Equal Leg shape dimensions, weight per foot and cross section area for aluminum angle per ASTM AISC .
- Standard Aluminum Channel, Standard Aluminum C Channel per. ASTM C221 size dimensional chart
- AISC, ASTM Channel (Steel) ASTM Steel Channel Section Properties various sizes ranging C3 - C15
- AISC, ASTM Wide Flange #1 (Steel) ASTM Steel Wide Channel H Beam Section Properties various sizes ranging W4 - W12
- AISC, ASTM Wide Flange #2 (Steel) ASTM Steel Wide Channel H Beam Section Properties various sizes ranging W14 - W25
- AISC, ASTM S Flange (Steel) Specification for hot-rolled sections BS 4-1:2005
- AISC, ASTM Angle (Steel) #1 ASTM Steel Angle Section Properties various sizes ranging L2 - L31
- AISC, ASTM Angle (Steel) #2 ASTM Steel Angle Section Properties various sizes ranging L3 - L21
- Standard Aluminum Angle Unequal Leg ASTM B308 Aluminum Structural Shape Angle Unequal Legs
- Standard Aluminum I-Beams Standard Aluminum I-Beam Size Table Specifications Section Properties
- AISC, ASTM Steel Angle Unequal Leg size and shape dimensions, weight per foot and cross section area for steel angle per AISC.
- AISC, ASTM Structural Tees Cut from W Flange Structural steel AISC A36 Structural Shape Tee Cut From W Shapes Table Chart.
Rectangle Hollow structural sections (HSS) per ASTM 1085 Table Chart Rectangle Structural Tube Per. ASTM 1085
Round Structural Tube Per. ASTM 1085, HSS Hollow Structural Section Structural Tube ASTM 1085, HSS Hollow Structural Section Round Structural Tube table chart.
- Square Hollow structural sections (HSS) Table Chart per ASTM 1085 Table Chart ASTM 1085, table chart HSS Hollow Structural Section Square Structural Tube.
SST ASIC Structural Shapes
Commercial Manufacturing Materials
Polymers - Plastics