Related Resources: calculators
Bar Restrained One End and Gap on Other Formula and Calculator
Bar Restrained Against One End and Gap on Other Stress and Force Calculator and Equations
A bar rigidly mounted with uniform heat applied will expand and exert force and axial stress onto itself and adjoining surfaces.
When a structural element is subjected to a change in temperature, it will either expand or contract depending on whether the temperature change is an increases or decrease. I the element is restrained, the attempt ar expansion or contraction will induce stresses into the structure.
The formula for determining if and how much axial force is applied onto the bar by the thermal expansion is:
P = 0
Bar full restraint with gap, uniform heat
- Bell Helicopter Structural Design Manual, 1977
- Restrained Beam Thermal Expansion Force Axial Stress Calculator
- Linear Thermal Expansion Equation and Calculator
- Pipe Expansion Thermal Loop Equations and Calculator
- Fastener Thermal Expansion Equation and Calculator
- Compression Tension Stress Linear Thermal Expansion Equation and Calculator
- Thermal Linear Expansion of AISI 303 Stainless Steel
- Stress Concentration Cylinder feature with Axial Loading Stress concentration on a selected radius of a shaft with axial loading.
- Solid Shaft Equivalent of Hollow Shaft of Same Length Equal Strength Formula and Calculator
- Cylinder Interference Press Fit Design Equations and Calculator
- Torsion Stress Calculator and Equations Torsion is the twisting of an object due to an applied torque . It is expressed in newton meters (N-m) or foot-pound force (ft-lbf).